Saturday, September 18, 2010

Sho-Gun

I have been trying for a few nights to move past Chapter 2 in Backseat Saints by Joshilyn Jackson. I have read and re-read trying to engage myself in the book with no luck. I am also having a hard time with certain details in the story line. A woman from Alabama having had abusive relationships with her father and now her husband has now decided she will will shoot her husband. She keeps her gun in a Target bag? Really? This girl who has struggled to survive and moved west from somewhere in no-where Alabama to Amarillo, Texas by any means of odd jobs and has now found herself working part-time in a gun store keeps her father's old weapon in a Target bag? I don't buy it. Wal-Mart? Now I could move through the story with that. Rolled up in an oil-cloth carefully cleaned and maintained through the years? Seems even more plausible if you want to play up a Southern stereotype.

"Le bon Dieu est dans le detail" and I am a detail kind of girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment