Friday, September 10, 2010

Happy Go Lucky

So, I wandered around my bookshelves like a woman dowsing water. The title which eventually spoke to me (figuratively, of course; I do NOT hear voices): Delivering Happiness: A Path to Profits, Passion, and Purpose by Tony Hsieh. At least a few of our GBC members are Zappos customers, and if anyone is interested in customer experience or business culture, one would be hard-pressed not to have read an article about Zappos and their CEO. The detail which pushed me to select this title over the others awaiting a first read? In the preface, Mr. Hsieh admits he did not use a ghostwriter and that he "wanted the writing to reflect how I would normally talk." Authenticity, I respect that. Oh, and the book has a "Top 10 Reasons Why You Should Read This Book" on the back jacket. Lists, particularly those that are a little cheeky? Oh, I love those.

I should also disclose that I was one of the persons who received the book at no charge. The opportunity was available for anyone who wanted the book to request their copy. A+ for customer experience. So, with a bit of free time later today, I will embark into the land of "happy" (and perhaps the Hsieh-alluded occasional grammatical error. I will not judge).

No comments:

Post a Comment