Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Re(a)d and Green

While watching my alma mater play football this weekend (Go Irish!), a "What Would You Fight For?" ad reminded me of a company that I do not think I have mentioned while writing here. Better World Books is an enterprise that started with an idea, some determination, and a desire to make a difference in the world. The goals were to save books from landfills (like my Auntie) and to support literacy around the world. If you take a look at the "Core Values," you will see that they are not too far removed from those at Zappos. (Better World Books does however get extra props for using the word "quirktastic" in their values.)

So, if you are looking for a new book, used book or an odd book, check them out. You will enjoy the carbon neutral shipping and the fact that in some small way, you are helping another enjoy the gift of something we love to do everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment