Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Where there is smoke...

I made another trek to the Edmondson Pike Library today (Look Homeward, Angel by Thomas Wolfe) and this afternoon I have been thinking about summer readings. When I was a young adult, I received a reading list from our high school librarian and with further revelation of my geek nature, I set out to read all the books…in alphabetical order by author. I think I still have this list.

This may not be news to many of you avid library users however I was able to find a 2009 Tennessee Summer Reading Program for Adults list. I’m not sure that it aims high enough to encourage reading as watching a DVD qualifies as completing one of the blocks, but it was an interesting discovery. As a state, we’re also part of the Collaborative Summer Library Program (CSLP) encouraging families (neighbors?) to read together. My last finding relates to the Early Bird Book Club which is “offered occasionally” by our very own nugget of a library. The sign up period ends May 15, so act fast as supplies are limited.

No comments:

Post a Comment