Friday, May 1, 2009

May Flowers

May brings us to The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows. Here’s what I know thus far about the book:

  • The book is an epistolary novel which means I had to consult the OED
  • According to very reliable Germantown Book Club sources, as of April 23rd, this book had 133 library holds for its six copies and one electronic version
  • The authors are an aunt/niece duo
  • The Trade paperback is available May 5th
  • It has an official website
  • Nine people have rated the YouTube interview with Annie Barrows
  • It is approximately 27 miles between Guernsey and Jersey (the old one)
  • If I had a Kindle I could download the book and begin reading it by the time I complete this post
I look forward to the book, although my research has indicated a potato peel pie is not that appealing.




No comments:

Post a Comment