Monday, May 25, 2009

Visit to the Bookstore

With one day before our meeting, I am finally in possession of The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. I will have ample time to read tomorrow as my return journey begins at 4:30 a.m. I was fortunate to be able to visit one of my favourite bookstores today, and I do so enjoy spending time perusing the shelves for that little gem that I know I must have. It was a day like today that I first became acquainted with The Cloudspotter’s Guide and (my not yet mastered book), Knots.

I had allocated a few hours to book shopping and treated the store as I do a museum, beginning from the top floor of Business, Language, Reference, down through World History, Architecture, Design, Cooking, Gardening, to culminate in the basement floor of Fiction and Crime. Using significant restraint, my only purchase was our May book though a number of other titles caught my eye.

I am looking forward to our meeting tomorrow and discussing this book down to the letter.

1 comment:

  1. Two little gems about books from Ms. Alice Hoffman:

    "Books may well be the only true magic."

    "Even in times when it's difficult to figure out, how do you go forward, art - and books - always help."

    ReplyDelete