Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Mayfair

In an effort to become a little more educated about British history (and because I had borrowed this book nearly two months ago), I have been determined these last few days to complete The Story of Britain by Rebecca Fraser. After a hearty three hundred pages of reading, I am to the reign of Charles I in 1625. I was a bit too optimistic in thinking I could finish this read before our May book. Fraser takes the history through 2002, which likely means I will soon need to defer if I will come equipped to the Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society next week.

The Story of Britain includes seven pages of family trees and an astonishing 136 books of recommended readings. (Yes, I counted these suggested titles and I suspect that Bill has read at least 80% of these.)

Not to recycle the message, but I think I’m too late to remind you about Curby.

No comments:

Post a Comment