Sunday, October 25, 2009

Squash

The content of my mailbox advises me of a change in the air: Holiday catalogs. Crate and Barrel wants me to think of Christmas, Pottery Barn reminds me of Thanksgiving, and Heifer International wants me to consider being an "Ark Angel" (I am not kidding). My alma maters are also reminding me to donate prior to year end.

Perhaps some of you have already made your holiday plans and are on the verge of gift preparations. These catalogs were my first prompts to even consider the holidays, but I feel it is too early. I want to enjoy an autumn day, think about pumpkins and squash, go for walks on crunchy leaves before I make a transition into a festive world of red, gold and green. The last quarter of the year seems to go all too quickly, and right now I am content pondering the number of layers I will need for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment