Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The Seventh Tale

By now, you likely know I am a fan of the Man Booker Awards. This year's prize for fiction was awarded to Hilary Mantel for Wolf Hall which is a look at 1500s England and the rise of Thomas Cromwell. (I am certain my sister would enjoy this book.)

In other news, I have begun our October book club selection, The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield. I started reading the book an hour before a meeting yesterday and had to keep a sharp eye on my watch to ensure I did not lose myself in the story. When I finally stopped reading (ending on the chapter "Meeting Miss Winter") so I could review the meeting material, I am certain the receptionist did not hear me sigh. I am presently at the half-way mark and understand GBC Kim's enthusiasm to complete the book.

A sunny day is underway; hope you enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment