Saturday, October 17, 2009

Mid-October Muse

I have been in no rush to start a new book. I think this delay is, in part, due to the fact that I have a very special knitting project in the works, and I cannot read and knit at the same time...yet. Secondarily, well, the reason may soon become clear.

My non social-media serious reading (NSMSR) the last two days has been limited to: news items, a sewing machine instruction book (the bottom bobbin is tricky!), and random selections from Light on Yoga before falling asleep. One quotation from the text that has stayed with me this last few days is "The yogi's life is not measured by the number of his days but by the number of his breaths." For me, this meant, take a pause, so I am.

Hopefully this weekend you will discover (or rediscover) something that gives you reason for reflection, and you will find joy in the pause.

No comments:

Post a Comment