Monday, April 4, 2011

Drop and Roll Monday

I had my equivalent of the dropped book last night, which with the Kindle meant I landed in The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane before hitting Great Expectations and then finally finding my place in The Witch of Portobello. [It was like a scene from HHGttG but with books rather than people...and I didn't have a towel.]

I am enjoying Coelho's read but know I am drawing nearer to the moment of Athena's death. Though this sounds like a spoiler, our author gives us this detail in the opening paragraphs. In re-reading the opening "chapter" by Heron Ryan this morning, I regained perspective of how the end of the book may start to take shape. The novel is written in the form of interviews with each section/chapter in the interviewee's voice. The book is full of memorable lines and I have used the highlighter tool a bit more than expected for sentences like "I was everyone, and everyone was me and my solitude" (Loc 1570).

With Shoneyin's debut novel next in the queue, I am assured of a very nice week of reading ahead. Wishing you a pleasant start to your week with perhaps a few landings in unexpected places.

No comments:

Post a Comment