Sunday, August 8, 2010

Triangle Man

Several of us in (and out) of the GBC are wondering where to go with our reading list. For my thoughts, it is approaching the end of summer so I feel as though I should go with more serious literature, but yet, I am not ready to give up those light reads which seem to match the longer mostly sunny with occasional thunderstorm days. What to do? In the end, I have selected Bringing Home the Birkin by Michael Tonello and a sample of My Horizontal Life by Chelsea Handler. (As you can see I have not made the transition to autumn reading.)

So my conscious does not let me leave you with suggesting only books about bags and er, baggage. (Thank goodness for NPR.) Nancy Pearl in this link has put together a pretty interesting list of reads and since she modifies a line by They Might Be Giants in her review, I trust her recommendations. (Such high standards I have.)

Make a little birdhouse in your soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment