Monday, August 16, 2010

Reading Water for Chocolate

Last night, when I sat down with Bringing Home the Birkin by Michael Tomello, I knew I would finish the book before I moved from my orange, but not quite Hermes, sofa. With reading water and a couple of chocolates at my side, I moved through the pages like a shopper at Covent Garden. The story included one section which was a surprise to me; of course, I cannot share this chapter as it might risk the storyline. The book, like my chocolate, was decadent, and I could not put it down. The author made a reference to Sherlock Hermes. (I read Holmes prior to Birkin which just further proves that books seem to find the right time to be read. Additionally, anyone who uses puns in their titles, well, I like them.)

Anyway, I should move from the handbag to a reminder of this week's GBC meeting. Discussion will address The Help by Kathryn Stockett. Get your fly swatters ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment