Friday, August 20, 2010

Mail Stereotypes

Last night I arrived home to find a second package awaiting my attention. The first, delivered to the office, contained two future reads by Joshilyn Jackson while the second held my favorite cookie. The two will combine very nicely for a lazy reading weekend. Of course, with my current battle for a full night's rest, these two could combine very nicely for a three a.m. read, but this connection would be bad for the hips indeed.

I am moving through Handler's work fairly quickly. Each chapter is a short (see also her chapter entitled 'My Little Nugget') tale of an encounter of the closest kind. [This is the moment where I will not draw any parallels to my own life.]

So, moving right along...next in the queue, I will add gods in Alabama courtesy of GBC Paige. I do not plan to read the book jacket so that I will be pleasantly surprised when I learn this book is not about football, Bear Bryant, or peaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment