Friday, August 6, 2010

Q&Qs

I had a craving for M&Ms last night and gave in to temptation. I am not certain whether it my body's subconscious craving for Blue 1 Lake dye, Lactose, Red 40, or the memory of my youth which caused this impulsive buy. [Note: Had I actually read the ingredient list before purchase listing the ten different coloring agents, I might have had stronger will power.]

When my sister and I were young, the package of candy was equally divided in number and color with a barter system in place where the quantity of orange, blue, yellow, green or red was uneven. My sister would savor each candy one by one, whereas I could consume these chocolates at a quite rapid pace. There was a near zero chance that any of these would ever melt in my hand. As I have grown older, my preference for chocolates has evolved with a tendency to savor one really nice chocolate (truffle) over something from Mars (the brand not the planet).

Quality over Quantity (and of course, fewer miles on the treadmill).

No comments:

Post a Comment