Thursday, August 26, 2010

Sweet Home Alabama/Chicago

I finished Joshilyn Jackson's gods in Alabama Tuesday night. I had not realized the copy borrowed from GBC Paige had a reader's guide in the back so I misjudged the number of pages remaining and arrived at the ending before I was ready. After I finished, I felt the urge to pace. Crazy mamas, tragedy, gardens, running away, and a past that would literally drive someone to climb a tree - seems like a Southern setting was indeed appropriate. I am not ready to pick up Backseat Saints just yet. Soon.

Instead, the Chicago connection from the book above (and perhaps the content too) pulls me in, leaving me with the constant thought to dive into The Devil in the White City by Erik Larson. I need a blues soundtrack to accompany these selections, and I think Robert Johnson makes the top of the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment