Thursday, February 11, 2010

What's Love Got to Do with it?

For likely the first time in my life, I was unconcerned about the waiting time for emissions testing. I had the forethought to bring Shantaram and knew it was extremely unlikely that the line could outwait the book.

In the on deck circle (it will soon be that time) is The Way of Qigong: the Art and Science of Chinese Energy Healing by Kenneth S. Cohen. My reading order this year has quite frequently been dictated by the timing of another person's reading habits. (The library hold system: I could probably write an entire entry devoted to this if I had a more philosophical background.)

I have also for the first time requested a book to be purchased by the library. (The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest, book three in the Millennium series - set for release May 2010). As an aside, this was #41 in this recent post by Urbanverse tweeted by a friend which confirmed that I am currently living the life of an unemployed architect, except for the bit about drawing a tree.

As a reminder, book club is next week so you may wish to pick up the pace on Let Us Now Praise Famous Men. Hint: if you do not have time to finish it, at least familiarize yourself with the photos by Walker Evans and you can speak to these during our discussion.

Finally, in answer to the question posed above: nothing. I have just been on a song title kick lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment