Saturday, February 13, 2010

Lookin' for Love

As I am still engrossed in Shantaram (and enjoying the fact that the book can remain open due to its own weight without losing my place), I searched my shelves for something new to pass along which might convey a lovely tone.

The results:
  • Scandinavian Folk & Fairy Tales edited by Claire Booss - One of my favourite sections is entitled "Weird Tales from Northern Seas (Told by Norwegians about Finns)
  • Times to Remember An Autobiography by Rose Fitzgerald Kennedy - my copy once resided in the "Biographica" section G, Shelf 9
  • Dolly, My Life and Other Unfinished Business by Dolly Parton - inspired by the other Dolly this week. Chapter 6 has a killer opening line
  • The New Hudson Shakespeare printing of Romeo & Juliet - my copy has penciled notes in the margin such as "test material" and "plot begins"
  • The Path to Love by Deepak Chopra - not sure how I ended up with this book.
  • The Broken Heart by John Ford - one of my "little books" measuring in at about 4 x 2 1/2"

So perhaps you too can search your shelves and find a book (or six) that you have not yet managed to read which may or may not put a little love in your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment