Monday, December 7, 2009

Spanish Tuba

Friday night I was caught in a myriad of holiday event traffic downtown: Rudolf 5K Run, Christmas Parade, events at the Sommet and Ryman, and anyone else who had a craving for a take-out curry. The holidays seemed to be getting in full swing which left me thinking, "What about the tubas?" For several years each December we had a lunch concert of a Tuba Christmas at the downtown Main library and now, with my current schedule, I just might be able to attend. As it turns out, the Merry Tuba Christmas has changed venues and will play December 15 at the First Baptist Church with dual shows at 11 and 12:30.

Despite the change, my visit to our library website in search of a tuba did not leave me disappointed; I learned about Mango (and a selection of Nutcrackers on display but that's just creepy). Our library offers online learning for seven languages and the service has made New York Public Library's "Best of Reference List". I plan to give it a try just for the experience (and the blogging potential).

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for info re: change in Tuba venue. I only saw once at the library, but it was great fun!

    ReplyDelete