Thursday, December 31, 2009

Just One More...

It is the last day of the year and I have managed to squeeze in one more book and plan to get at least one more mile tallied before the day has ended. My kitchen is a disaster area, and I have stepped away for the moment to sit, type, enjoy the super-red Christmas tree and have a few long breaths to savor the moment. Most of us have looked back or are looking forward; maybe you have found yourself making resolutions for the upcoming year. It is that type of day.

I have spent the last two days reading Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold. This is another book soon to be turned into film in the next year. Despite an interest in the book, I found this material difficult to read. The opening paragraph reveals the narrator's murder and there is no mystery to discover who might have committed the crime, just as to whether or not s/he will be caught. There was a moment where I did not feel as though I could read further, but I pushed past the window and spent the morning finishing the last few chapters. The ending felt a bit rushed or drawn out, depending on perspective, but I won't give anything away here. Keep your eye out for one chapter which has a different title than the rest.

Thanks for spending part of your year reading my musings. Happy New Year and I hope to see you next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment