Wednesday, December 9, 2009

December Discovery

Summary
Yesterday my daily habit of on-line news reading lead me to a magazine which led me to a book list which led me to another website which led me to this post.

Details
The Times is a newspaper site that I frequent three to four times a week for news, and last month I discovered their new monthly environment and science magazine, Eureka. The magazine contains a quiz (see earlier post for previous geek revelation), and last night I was in the mood for Issue 2. I should also let you know that my day began by reading an article shared by GBC Kate on art meeting science from the NY Times which may have influenced my decision to read an old article from a previous Eureka issue on books and science. This October article introduced me to both the Cheltenham Festival series and the inaugural Wellcome Book Prize. The intent of the Wellcome Prize is to "celebrate medicine in literature" and the 2009 short-list of nominees was a selection of titles that I had not seen in previous lists of recommended book reads. The books captured my interest and I wanted to share them with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment