Friday, December 11, 2009

December Comes Full Circle

It's Friday and Fridays make me happy.

It's the weekend before bookclub, so finish reading. Also think about what fantastic thing you'll bring to our last meeting of the year. If after reflection, you are still at a loss, bring reading water.

It's two days before the Sunday Book Club signing at The Mad Platter where one of our very own members will be signing copies of "Church of the Assumption: 150 years". I am certain if you ask nicely, he will personalize your dedication.

It's the winter before the spring when Elliott Bay Book Company will be moving. I spent one of my best Seattle afternoons in this independent bookstore found, as many of them are for me, by accident on a meandering walk. One of their current recommended books is Born to Run: A Hidden Tribe, Superathletes, and the Greatest Race the World has Never Seen by Christopher McDougall. This book was also recommended to me by a stranger (who is now not a stranger) while I was waiting on a meal from our local Zackie's a few weeks ago. I do love our neighborhood.

I also love Fridays...

No comments:

Post a Comment