Thursday, December 3, 2009

The Choice is Yours (but influenced by me)

I have moved to Nudge and last night completed the second chapter entitled "Resisting Temptation" - apropos for this time of year, wouldn't you agree?

The introduction began with an example of a director of food services who found she could influence lunch item decisions due to product placement on the line (sequence, height, e.g.). I was intrigued. For anyone in the business arena or merely an avid shopper, this news is no surprise, however couple this story with a writing style which includes clever footnotes and a reference to Homer's, "Five Days? But I'm mad now!" when referencing a weapon's purchase, and I want to continue on. It did not hurt my interest level that there was also a short quiz to illustrate automatic verses reflective system thinking. (I do love quizzes.)

Since I'm only one-fifth into the book, I can make no broader statements other than I am interested. We shall see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment