Saturday, July 18, 2009

Fairy Tale

I have just finished reading B is for Beer in preparation for our meeting Tuesday. I am eagerly anticipating the discussion as to whether or not the book meets its billing as “A Grown-up Book for Children."

The novel’s dedication is “This one is for Blini.” I was instantly intrigued, however my internet search has left me without an answer or even weak indication of Robbins’ object of affection. (A blini is a pancake originally from Russia, but doesn’t seem to work here.)

If you are a reader that pays attention to the blank page with five or six words citing objects of inspiration, you would likely enjoy Once Again to Zelda: The Stories Behind the Literature’s Most Intriguing Dedications by Marlene Wagman-Geller. This book was fascinating in the “story behind the story” and further served to propel my inquisitiveness for dedications for any new book read (see above).

No comments:

Post a Comment