Tuesday, December 6, 2011

It's All Relative

I have the literary equivalent to chaos theory beside my bed with the morning thought that there could be a little topological mixing. [Apologies. With strong coffee and without an editor, I am afraid that sometimes you are left with geeky blog openers.]

I have been surfing through The Lexicographer's Dilemma jumping to The Power of Babel with a side of various Kindle books. Last night I added Deepak Chopra to the mix. The common thread seems to be a one to many relationship. [A database reference before seven? I may need less coffee.] One course of language evolved to a number of others. A plenitude of words and manners of communication evolved into a few formal rules for grammar. The love of self translates to love in or for a group.

The moral [other than stay away from the morning math]? Things can be more related that they first appear, and sometimes you can find a solution in an unlikely source.


No comments:

Post a Comment