Tuesday, December 20, 2011

December is poetry month for the GBC.  In this vein, today's blog is dedicated to two verses.  The first comes  you from GBC P@1ge.  She sent this to me yesterday just before I left Nashville causing me to linger a few moments more with my latte to think about it.  The second author? Well, he just seems fitting for a night at the GBC.

Courtesy of GBC P@1ge:

Witch-Wife
  - Edna St. Vicent Millay

She is neither pink nor pale,
    And she never will be all mine;
She learned her hands in a fairy-tale,
    And her mouth on a valentine.

She has more hair than she needs;
    In the sun 'tis a woe to me!
And her voice is a string of coloured beads,
    Or steps leading into the sea.

She loves me all that she can,
    And her ways to my ways resign;
But she was not made for any man,
    And she never will be all mine.


    **********

Stone Airplane
  - Shel Silverstein

I built an airplane out of stone...
    I always did like staying home.

2 comments:

  1. You will be with us tonight in spirit. Send us your poem to be read or we could Skype you in to read :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was sad to miss you guys this evening. Love the poetry readings. Hopefully someone read part of "Rime of the Ancient Mariner" for me. :)

    ReplyDelete