Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Going Hungry

I read The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins in three sittings.  I managed the first few chapters by iPhone flashlight the night before Tuesday's post.  I read a few more chapters after moving furniture for mom and just before moving the Christmas tree.  [As an aside, Mom had cleverly decorated one of the trees with old Christmas family photos; it was really neat and of course included a picture snapped of my awkward 15 year-old self.  Egads, the hair. ]

I started Part II just before going to sleep.  Little did I know I would stay up to finish.  I was hooked and there was really no good place to stop after the games begun.  GBC K1m and P@1ge had warned me; I should have had better planning. In addition, the book cleverly set up the segue to the next novel in the trilogy which means the next two days will be spent squeezing in one more book before the holidays come to a close and I transition to other genres.

I would recommend the read.  It has been some time since I was lost in a book and I have a soft spot for any strong female lead characters from Appalachia which are not stereotyped into moon-shine making, cousin marrying, husband killing Southern girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment