Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Third Parallel

I have known those who read multiple books concurrently. I have heard various explanations: scholarly approach, boredom, inability to commit, or the right to brag at parties (which as I type the list, seems to resemble dating).

I tend to stand by my book but last night was forced into a plan C. Like many of you, I enjoy reading just before falling asleep. As I settled in for another chapter or two of Yoga for People Who Can't be Bothered to Do It, I saw this message:


[Don't worry if you can't read the text; just think of it as seeing through my glasses.] I was foiled by technology. Time to initiate a backup plan.

My Faraway One? Remember this book is heavy and I did not want the sensation of burning biceps as I nodded off. So it was that last night I began Turn Right at Machu Picchu by Mark Adams. Chapter One reaffirmed my desire to visit and secured the novel's place as my next read. Judging from the sheer volume of reviews I scrolled through to find Mr. Adams link, I am not the only fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment