Thursday, July 28, 2011

My Baby Wrote Me a Letter

There are two types of packages on the doorstep which make my list of awesomeness: shoes and books.

I was a lucky girl this week and have received one box of each. When I ordered My Faraway One, I neglected to check the weight so I underestimated the amount of arm strength necessary to pick up the brown box while carrying work bag, yoga mat, purse, new Pumas (see above), coffee mug and water bottle. At 4.4 pounds, it will test your balance.

Last night I started reading the work in no particular order. With only a few editorial updates (as apparently O'Keefe was a terrible speller), the letters I read examined the mundane, their respective arts, the locales, and that emerging affection which made this collection possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment