Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Whole to Thirds

I will admit that I was in a sleep-deprived haze when I finished Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams. I think I am probably the only person in the known and unknown universe(s) that did not realize this was a trilogy. When the novel ended with a trip to a restaurant, I thought*, "that's it?!" It was only today that I discovered the error of my ways. Perhaps it was euphoria of a weekend away or perhaps the resulting effects of sleep deprivation, but I laughed aloud several times through the book and each time I read "Ford Prefect" I always giggled. The remaining titles will be added to my reading list, but first, I have a few Zombies** (and Austen) with which to contend.

* Author's note: thought = said aloud = secured my appearance as a crazy lady on the plane
** Author's note 2: zombies = your reminder to rock the vote

No comments:

Post a Comment