Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Don't Turn Back

Always one for the odd and unusual, this book is worth its salt. [pause for bad pun]

Salted: A Manifesto on the World's Most Essential Mineral, with Recipes is available for the cook who has everything. Thanks to the generosity of a Williams Sonoma employee when I was buying my new coffee machine, I received samples of a variety of salts. I had thought "salt is salt" but oh how wrong I was! Black Truffle Sea Salt to finish a spinach salad with fresh mozzarella and tomato makes my heart sing. Hawaiian black salt, well, it makes everything groovy. [I shall stop here lest I continue keep the song to salt ratio even at one.]

I do recommend the book with the badly placed comma in its title and emphatically suggest you add a black, pink, red or at a very minimum, kosher sea salt to your culinary adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment