Wednesday, November 10, 2010

What's B&W and Re(a)d all Over?

Sunday morning, two lattes and the New York Times: a combination that I have not had in some while. In my former neighborhood, one could go unnoticed in pajamas to the nearby grocery to purchase the paper copy. Here, I was not yet that brave, so I settled for the online version (still in my pajamas). I have a methodical way (huge shock, right?) that I move through the paper.

Front page: Headlines, Editorial links
Style: Front page, Fashion & Style, Dining & Wine
Business: Technology, Markets, Economy, Energy
Travel: Nearly all of it and always the "36 hours in XX"
Technology: Startups, Reviews, any list
Science: Space, then Front Page & Environment
Arts: Theater, Books, then as many sections as I can move through
Health: Scan through the "Most Popular" to see if any grab my attention

If I am lucky, an hour goes by. The Book Reviews are nearly always saved for a fresh read. Guilty pleasures.

No comments:

Post a Comment