Monday, March 15, 2010

'Tis the Season

Last Friday I viewed my first issue of Local Table: A Guide to Food and Farming in Middle Tennessee, published by Lisa Shively at (no surprise here) Local Table. It is available free to us at various grocery and health stores in the area. This magazine was included in a small packet of food reference items I received while attending a spring women's mini-workshop. I perused the info during the discussion about local farming as I sipped my (first ever) Juicy Detox Smoothie. One of the best things about Local Table is the Seasonality Chart for fruits and vegetables.

Though some of us have been feeling spring! for about a month now, the official start is nearly here, and my thoughts are drifting to eating fresh fruits and vegetables. This pub is a great resource for local farms who supply vegetables, cheeses and meats. (I was not certain if there were any other omnivores in the workshop so I simply asked about "seasonal proteins.")

Enjoy your week and consider adding something green to your morning smoothie. If you have any questions about the workshop or need a smoothie recipe, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment