Thursday, January 21, 2010

Who, What, Why?

'"What" do you Want?' is the heading of my current chapter in The Power of Who. I am one-third into the book, and thus far I would describe it as a very pleasant and obvious read. Not obvious in the "I knew that" kind of way, but in more of a "wow, I should have thought of it like that (but I didn't)." The book reads a bit like Who Moved My Cheese in that there is plenty of white space on the page, which perhaps is a cue for reflection on the writer's points.

I think I am reading this book at the apropos time. The current section asks the reader to try to match their "what" (want) with the "who" s/he is in order to achieve the right focus. I will leave you today with the Bob Beaudine's words when this happens:

...then life becomes all about:
* Doing what you love
* With those you love
* In a place you love
* That your spouse/family/mate also loves
* Doing all the above for the right reasons

1 comment:

  1. As a follow-up, On Point had a great segment today following people who "reinvented" to do what they love: http://bit.ly/6GjhvC

    ReplyDelete