Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Recipes for Life

Completing My Life in France by Julia Child and Alex Prod'homme and further work on a side project have me excited about "la belle F" (to quote Ms Child). The few pages describing her time in Norway brought back lovely memories as well. Ah, travel.

We are just a few days from our next meeting and since I have committed to provide le pain, I have been perusing Mastering the Art of French Cooking and my other bread resources for something truly le francais. I am not certain if I will have the time prior to the meeting to test a recipe as Julia might have done, so mon plat final may also be mon plat experimental. But this is the joy of cooking, c'est vrai?

[Note: I am not often a fan of mixing languages in writing, however the above paragraph is a tribute to the style of the book.]

No comments:

Post a Comment