Saturday, September 5, 2009

Print Hands

This morning I was able to indulge in what is now an infrequent habit: I read a print newspaper. My usual technique is to keep the paper in its original single fold as long as possible to read all the leading stories. Finally, of course, I will have to give in to get those last few sentences in the crease (usually under a photo), and then the event becomes a game of turning the pages without too much noise and without having the mid-section get out of sorts. (I envision at times, I must look as if I am rowing rather than reading in my quest to keep the paper in tact.) The last page is another easy go, and I usually try to move back to (what I think is) the cool, one-hand newspaper hold (with coffee in the other hand). Wearing glasses whilst reading a paper is even better, but I think I am digressing.

By the end, I usually am a little sad that the paper is finished, unless of course it's a Sunday Times issue and instead, am celebratory that I have managed to complete it in (hopefully) a reasonable amount of time (meaning before the next week's paper). Then, of course, I wash my hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment