Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Striking a Balance

I have no doubts that all had a tremendous time at Book Club last night. I am sorry to have missed the event. I am certain that you enjoyed some delightful vegan creations by GBC Kate as well as had lively conversation paired with our familiar reading beverage. I do look forward to hearing the summary of the book discussion, after of course, I finish the book (film).

Last week I learned that a friend had recently acquired a NY Knights jacket. This week, while perusing another friend's library for that next paperback to be devoured these last two days, I discovered The Natural by Bernard Malamud. I believe in signs. For a few hours I lost myself to the joys of baseball and one man's quest "to be the best there ever was in the game." I have long been a fan of the Robert Redford film of the same name and was happy to discover the subtle differences between print and the screen.

So this morning I am left with a couple of thoughts: are we each a "natural" at something and do career/life/non-sport coaches use signs?


No comments:

Post a Comment