Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Extra! Extra!

I am remiss in composing an even-numbered post so I will take that as a sign that perhaps the odd day is my better day....at least for a little while.

I have developed a habit for online news. Paired with my morning coffee or tea, this is one of my favorite ways to start the day. It began as an occasional visit to CNN to catch the headlines, but has now developed into a full-fledged morning routine. Computer booted, tea kettle on (or coffee pot started), log-in, make beverage, start browser and off I go. My usual sites, in this usual order for weekdays: CNN, Tennessean, WSJ, NYT, BBC, then miscellaneous blogs and Twitter feeds. My weekend routine will pick up a few more newspaper sites for gentle perusing.

The length of time that I will spend on the sites each morning tends to vary depending on the day's events, financial markets, and the quality of the news (you know which site you are). As the day unfolds, I incorporate a few other news sites more relevant to business. Feeling current (in the news) can be electrifying.

1 comment:

  1. I kept looking for the post yesterday/last night and was shocked when there was nothing there:o) I think waiting for the odd day served you well. That LD humor that I adore is shining bright in this entry.

    ReplyDelete