Friday, March 5, 2010

March Notes

I am still working through The Healing Art of Qigong, but think there are limits to how much I could (should) write about this subject before I lose my audience. Moving on, I have renewed The History of Love by Nicole Krauss so that I can begin the book without pressure to finish it immediately since I dedicated more time these last three weeks to qi and knitting rather than to reading. I also received the unexpected surprise of a book from a co-volunteer today: Kitchen Confidential by Anthony Bourdain. The back jacket reviews include words such as "irreverent, hysterical, Hunter S Thompson, and wickedness." Yep, this book may jump line over Love. The owner and I also appear to share the same [neurotic ?] habit of not bending paperback spines, so all-around a great lend.

Enjoy the weekend ahead. The weather here is lovely, and I think I will begin my Friday evening in the spirit of GBC with a little reading water.

1 comment:

  1. I love, love, love The History of Love and I own it, so no pressure to read your library copy before due date, because you can borrow mine. I think you were out of town when it was a GBC selection....

    ReplyDelete