Thursday, June 2, 2011

Two of a Kind

Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese is a book that makes me grateful for an electronic reader. I have spent hours moving through the pages and though at Chapter 19, I am only 35% into the novel. With a traditional text (at a 1.9 pound shipping weight), I may have become discouraged though biceps healthier for the read.

The story of twins Shiva and Marion is an appropriate read for a Gemini month. With an untraditional beginning in Addis Ababa, Marion is our narrator sharing the story of their birth and as much of their parents' lives as he can piece together. At this juncture, it is difficult to know how the story will move forward. Obstetrician Hema plays a significant part in early pages and her question, "Wasn't that the definition of home? Not where you are from, but where you are wanted?" has stayed with me.

Lets see if I wrap this up before we move into Cancer.


No comments:

Post a Comment