Wednesday, June 8, 2011

He's Got a Nice Grill

For a period of years, I was fortunate to live in a household where a man did most of the cooking. This coincided with a time where work and school hit a frenzied crescendo, so there was little better than sitting down to a beautifully plated meal (he was very particular about plating) at the end of the day, especially after having received a glass of reading water upon entry to the house.

I am fairly certain it was this experience which led to me to pause on this NYT review of Man with a Pan by John Donohue. The authors list, including Wesley Stace (John Wesley Harding), Paul Greenberg and Steven King (?!), alone has me intrigued. Reading about what it is like to cook for a woman and/or a family? This book has definitely made my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment