Monday, June 6, 2011

Free-Falling

I felt as if someone should give me a high five when I crossed the half-way mark to Cutting for Stone. The read has been worth it but it has seemed rather long, which brings me to...

Incognito: What is Hiding in the Unconscious Mind by David Eagleman and this transcript from Fresh Air with Terry Gross. The interview mentions an experiment relating time to memory during a scary situation like a fall. The scarier something may be, the longer it may seem in memory. My first thought was re-evaluating the 52 seconds of free fall last Sunday. It did not seem particularly long, however I went into the situation knowing that I would be at the mercy of 9.91 m/s2 for a minute. Perhaps there was something in the knowing? Not always, I would venture.

No comments:

Post a Comment