Saturday, June 18, 2011

Rage Against the Machine

My dear friend J@ck13 introduced me to the tradition of the Birthday Hanukkah, an eight day celebration of the event of one's birth. These extended celebrations are not the result of a keen fondness for birthdays but rather the unintended outcome of scheduling conflicts, friends who do not play well with others, timing, and well, really an excuse to have more reading water.

And so it is that tonight marks the end of my very own (first) Birthday Hanukkah. As GBC Paige and I worked to prepare tonight's meal, I was introduced to the Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. While the books were originally geared to a slightly younger audience than the two of us, the novels seem to be picking up steam with a more experienced generation. Here's a link to a review from the NYT if you (like me) missed out on the debut of this trilogy.

No comments:

Post a Comment