Friday, May 20, 2011

A Postcard from the Edge


Dear Italy,

In six short days, you gave me renewed perspective and a lot of fun. I had time to think and to own a few things:
  • I am too old to tan and I need sunscreen (often)
  • It is okay to get lost
  • I like reading water with my lunch on holiday
  • I will wear red while everyone else wears grey
  • I am clumsy
  • Ice cream/gelatto/froyo at any time of the day is never a bad idea
  • Talking with strangers gets you the most unexpected info
  • On a trip where walking is my primary transport, I won't use those running shoes I packed
  • I can buy a pretty stellar lunch for 5 euros if that is all the cash I have
  • I should have ordered an international data plan in advance and I am extremely grateful for the man who back-dated it to save me $$$
  • I like to travel and occasionally I like to do so with a little style
  • Most shoe sales people will not help you if you are wearing Tretorns...but there will always be one who will
  • I don't have to see everything in one trip
  • Unexpectedly beautiful works of art when seen in person may make me cry
Today's Friday photo is El Duomo in Firenze taken a few short days ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment