Monday, May 16, 2011

Easy on the Eyes

I do wonder what it would be like to have a painting which absorbed the wrinkles, scars, dark eye circles, and the sunburn rather than bearing the weight of these hardships on our own faces. I have crossed the two-thirds mark in The Picture of Dorian Gray and am curious as to what is ahead for our young but aging protagonist. The painting gets more gruesome but how does the story end? (Don't tell me.)

I have added "visit Italy" to my list of items to ward off feeling a bit more aged. Nothing gives you a bit of self confidence (and a moderate dose of the creeps) than having a man stop walking and stare at you while you pass. Specifically, he will stare into your eyes, not give you the up and down glance of the Jersey Shore. You will look away first. Trust me.

Aging, we all do it. Embrace it and take those glances as they come.

No comments:

Post a Comment