Sunday, February 6, 2011

Not Your Easter Bonnet

Some of my favorite evenings are dinner parties. The combination of an eclectic crowd, a nice meal, bottles of reading water, and conversation ranging from the intensely geeky to the best of current events reminded me of some of our best GBC evenings. One of the highlights of last night's event was the discovery of a new book genre: "bonnet books." (These Amish romances gained their nickname due to the frequency of young women in bonnets on the front cover.) A search this morning led me to articles in Time, WSJ, and Newsweek which explored the more recent popularity growth and highlighted one of the genre's leading writers, Cindy Woodsmall. With my interest in the odd and unusual, my curiosity is piqued; I may just have to add one of these titles to my list.



No comments:

Post a Comment