Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Followed by a Moon Shadow

I have had a few days this winter where I felt as if I was trapped in Groundhog Day. In the film, Bill Murray lives the worst day of his life over and over and over again. Despite the dreary synopsis, it is a hopeful comedy for any of you who haven't seen it (meaning those of you born in the 80s). Our protagonist Phil questions why he could not have re-lived the amazing day in the Virgin Islands rather than the cold Punxsutawney in which he now appears to be destined. (It is never the great ones which repeat.) The film is filled with nice one-liners and one of the better performances by Andie McDowell (especially compared to the other film where she quotes weather - "is it raining?").

And so when I have these days that run into weeks and I feel stuck in a place that "can't spell espresso or cappuccino," I think of the film and the concept of bettering oneself each day. Oh, and I always drink to world peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment