Friday, February 4, 2011

Just That the Time Was Wrong...or Right?

Did you ever pick up a book intending to give it to someone else and then never seeing the person and/or deciding that the Universe intended that the book might perhaps instead be meant for you?

No. Just me? I mean, just my friend?

And so it is with The Happiness Project: Or, Why I Spent a Year Trying to Sing in the Morning, Clean My Closets, Fight Right, Read Aristotle, and Generally Have More Fun by Gretchen Rubin. The note to the reader ends with "Whenever you read this, and wherever you are, you are in the right place to begin." Perhaps it is the combination of lack of sleep, excessive caffeine, and endorphin high from my morning yoga sun salutations, but this statement resonated with me. I have long been a fan of Wordsworth's "To begin, begin" and Rubin's statement combines the right amount of philosophy and action that appeals to an engineer.

So the book will stay on my, rather my friend's shelf and be queued up for the next read.

No comments:

Post a Comment