Thursday, July 22, 2010

Home Run

I am fairly certain it was a GBC first: Skype attendance to our monthly meeting. Lessons learned from this experience:

1. I should be out of the office by time GBC commences so that I can have my own glass of reading water
2. See rule #1

It was really fantastic to see all the familiar faces and hear voices of my friends in the round with their pre-dinner cheer (aka reading water). A themed dinner of cracker jacks, hot dogs, and peanuts to accompany the discussion. Who knew the book was about baseball? Er, I suppose those of the group that read the book. Ahem. GBC Milena called the title like an opening announcer: "Taking Lottie Home" and I was home, at least my old home for a little while. Thanks guys.

2 comments:

  1. It was great to have you with us, even if it was virtually!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked that I had my own chair. :)

    ReplyDelete