Tuesday, July 20, 2010

And the World Laughs With You

My working day yesterday was one of my longest in the office since I have been in this new locale. As I was savoring my after dinner chocolate and (second) glass of reading water, my thoughts lingered on one thread, "I laughed a lot today." These were not the "smile politely until the moment passes" but the deep "I cannot help but laugh even though I know my eyes are probably squinting into 400 wrinkles and wait, are those tears?" kind of laugh. I laughed. I laughed at the witty responses of colleagues, at a friend's comments via text, at my lack of grace when either sliding on the floor or hitting the door frame inadvertently while trying to walk through it, not that I actually did those things, mind you. And so, I thought of our upcoming GBC meet and of previous meetings where laughter was as certain a staple as a 2:1 quota of reading water per person (minimum). Despite a smaller group this month, perhaps you might lend a thought or two to your friends who were not able to make the date. Throw in a dry, clever, extraordinarily witty comment and laugh. Oh, and wear good shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment